Its amazing how time flies. This time last year I was still wondering whether or not I would be spending the next year in my life in a foreign country.
Now I'm (almost) one month away from coming home and saying goodbye to Melbourne.
I am looking forward to coming home. There's nothing more comforting than knowing that the house you come home to at night has most, if not all of your worldly possesions in it and that your stay there isn't a temporary thing. Its home. Its where you'll always belong. Home is where you don't have to ask people to repeat what they just said because they don't really a different accent. Its where you can hang out with people who understand you when you mumble, curse or groan (haaay ginoo)....
And yet as the time draws near, I'm also a bit apprehensive. Home means real world. Home means traffic, pollution and all the economical problems that comes with being part of a third world country struggling to survive. Just thinking about the ongoing electoral count and the scandals that will inevitably follow gives me a headache. Not that I'm an expert on the Philippine political scene, I don't deserve that credit. I just know that times become tougher when people start craving more power.
One more month...and then I'll be back. Manila, here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment