its a lame attempt at making my title sound like Jamiroquai's album...but what the hell..
Everyone in this generation is born with a very global outlook in life. That though we may be filled with borders everywhere, these borders are meant to be crossed, and crossing as many as possible is the ultimate goal.
Three of my girls are currently in another continent, they're in the US, California specifically for different reasons. Work, non-work, someone's work and something or other...it doesnt matter really. They're there, and I'm here, further ..West (my geography sucks!) in another continent and culture altogether. In a few days, another one of the girls will be heading there too.
While I am marvelling at the wanderlust and the luck that has allowed us the opportunity to be able to go to places far from home, I am a bit bummed. I am after all, all alone here, in Middelburg Middle of Nowhere, while the FOUR of them are together!
I have a sneaking suspicion that next time I will be on that part of the world, while more than one of them will be in this part. Is home (and the boundaries of our home country) really just the only place we will all be together?
But I have to believe otherwise. Someday, I will find myself far from home, but with the people from home right beside me. Until then, we'll all just have to keep roaming this beautiful (and sometimes warped) planet until we all finally get to cross borders together, moving in the same direction.
1 comment:
We do have a project in Karachi.. :p
-Con
Post a Comment