/* Google Analytics */

Jul 8, 2006

july 4 fireworks


IMG_3289, originally uploaded by socs.

It was an evening like any other. Except that there was no work when there should have been one. And that all roads lead to Manhattan -- more than usual.

It was July 4 and it was my first ever US Independence Day celebration. Macy's fireworks are THE fireworks display to see when in New York (or nearby New Jersey).

The original plan was to watch from Jersey City's Liberty State Park with a friend, an officemate and my officemate's family. But a few hours before that, someone offers an extra pass to watch from within the UN grounds in Manhattan. Hmm....lets see...New Jersey or New York? It was an absolute no brainer.

So I went with him to NY....got there a bit late and didnt really get a good spot. But hey, with all the people fighting for space, I'm just glad we had space to breathe and sit and be comfortable. The end result is a handful of photos which are less than half of the total photos I took from that night. I used the crowd's silhouette as a foreground and tried as best as I could to capture the fireworks.

Pbase and Flickr have photos of the event.

1 comment:

pan said...

haha walang sinabi yung napanood naming july 4 fireworks sa foster city!

i like the one that looks like a flower