/* Google Analytics */

Sep 6, 2006

light another candle

The 28th candle lights up today.

The entire day and even the day before, it was just like any other birthday. I didnt have anything fancy planned, just as it would be if I were home.

I didnt spread the word at work here. It was sufficient and heartwarming enough that my co-workers in Manila remembered, and were sending their Happy Birthdays since yesterday. Loved ones have wished me well already so everything was complete.

But as I was walking home today, I suddenly realized that when I come home, I was going to NOT celebrate my birthday alone. NOT celebrating at home where everyone else was around me (albeit not celebrating) is one thing, but not celebrating alone is another. I tried to get myself something just to make like I'm doing something but the small cakes that used be at the supermarket nearby were nowhere to be seen.

For the first time, I'm NOT celebrating my birthday on my own. Its not depressing, I think. It just feels...well, weird.

I guess it could be worse....I could really be celebrating it, but still be on my own.

3 comments:

Elkath said...

happy birthday socs :)

Anonymous said...

Hey ho scos!

Belated! :)

Anonymous said...

Gefeliciteerd socs!!

Hope it still counts.. ;)