/* Google Analytics */

Apr 9, 2007

four years since

Its been four years since my last Holy Week here in Manila. I dont even remember what I did that time, though I can vaguely recall taking out the old, old film SLR on our annual Bisita Iglesia and taking Black and White photos of the kids.

This year, we went on another Bisita Iglesia, on Good Friday instead of Maundy Thursday (when is it supposed to be done anyway?) and without the fuss that we used to have. No packed lunches and no picnics off Rizal Park/CCP parking lots (there is a shortage of decent parks with trees in this country!). We went to four churches for the Stations of the Cross, had lunch at Chowking and then headed home. Any my sister and her kids weren't with us.

Black Saturday was the start of our Zambales overnight trip. We were heading there with the rest of my parent's and kuya's staff and their families (four rented jeepneys in all) , our van, and half of our kitchen I think. Travelling light is not an option for budget, big group excursions. So are trips requiring boat transfers. Hence, Zambales. The beach was crowded but the water was okay. Its not Boracay, but hey, its the beach!

It was only when Ally commented that the water was too salty that I realized that she's never been to the beach. I dont recall whether Carl has been, but I dont think he's been either. My nephew and niece lead such deprived lives. Buti nalang nagkaron ng excursion yung mga taga Bulacan. I think they enjoyed it, despite bucketfuls of sand in their bathing suits and saltwater in their system. I lathered them with sunblocked prior to each exposure, so no painful redness there....I do hope they get to go to the beach again soon. And with their cousins too, that way they'd enjoy it more.

For that trip, I borrowed Allan's cam with the casing so we could play with it. My favorite shots of the kids are those where they were underwater....they're off not really focused, but I guess I'm just glad they've been to the beach.







More photos from the trip in my flickr gallery.
I guess that starts off my Summer in Manila. More happenings are coming my way soon, I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh the kids are so big now...i miss the beach!