/* Google Analytics */

Dec 31, 2008

waiting for 2009

so I'm at home waiting for midnight...its shockingly quiet in Dublin, unlike back home where the noise builds up as it gets closer to midnight. I've spent New Year's Eve alone before, but even that time was far more exciting than now. I have not heard anything that closely resembles a firecracker, have not seen anything that looks like fireworks. I guess its just not an Irish thing.

So what's a girl to do on a quiet nice like this? Well, eat of course! I was hoping to wait til midnight...but the un-excitement (yes, there is no such word, I know) of it all has made me hungry. So off to the oven goes the chicken, and to the pans go the veggies and the couscous. The result...voila! A humble meal for one.


With an hour left til midnight and the threat of sleep looming at the back of my head, I decided to take a photo of the view from my balcony. I had earlier imagined that I'd be seeing fireworks, even if from a distance. But as the clocks draws nearer to 12, I'm becoming almost certain that it won't happen.

I'll try and post another update later, provided that there will be something worthy to post. In the meantime, Happy 2009 everyone!


No comments: