/* Google Analytics */

Jul 2, 2009

In Memory of...

It happens to every family at one point, it is after all what Life is all about. Births and deaths happen every second, every day.

My dad is a typical old fashioned dad. We grew up knowing there was absolutely no way we can question whatever he says. As a child I feared him a lot, and I wondered why we weren't as close the same way my mom and I were close. Or even the same way my friends were close with their dads. As I grew older I realized that that was just him and that is how he is and I've accepted that. In the past few years I've even had more talks with him. They were brief talks and they were not about anything profound even, but most of my fear had gone away.

I've noticed more and more how much he's aged these past few years and I've even accompanied him just for routine visits to the doctor but not once did imagine his passing, nor did I even think about it. I just knew it was a certainty, just as I knew that it was a certainty for me, but it was always, always just a thought, an idea that was never quite concrete.

And then just like that, it was made concrete.

There are things I think of now that I wish I got around to doing, but never somehow found the time or the resources. I will never get to do them now. I take consolation only in knowing that I had made him proud somehow.

No comments: