/* Google Analytics */

Feb 15, 2005

Enchanted

As a High School girl my friends and I would look forward to trips to Enchanted Kingdom because of the idea of a road trip all the way down to Laguna and later on, because some of them have developed crushes on the band playing on weekends.

This past weekend I got the chance to revisit Enchanted Kingdom. Its been 2 years since my last visit (I think) and this time, I was there, finally, with my nephew and niece. I say ‘finally’ because there was a time when my brother and I would wonder when and at what age would be the perfect time for us to bring them there. Not too young lest they don’t enjoy and we end up a perfectly good day and time, not too old lest they lose their sense of adventure and end up scared of amusement park rides worse than their tita (that would be me..).



Watching them run around the park and get on the rides together (I got the Carousel special ticket, thank you. Yes, cheapskate I am. I’d rather shoot than leave my camera behind too) is enough for me to enjoy as well. They loved Dodgem and Roller Skater and kept coming back for another turn. Give it a few more years and I’ll be holding their hand as I scream for dear life when we’re on the Space Shuttle… I may no longer roam the park running (so I can get ahead of the lines), and I may no longer spend the entire day from opening until closing time at the park, being there with Carl and Ally and my brother made it an entirely new experience for me. I still didn’t mind walking around over and over again, and every new ride is something that I’d like them to try since its something I myself have never been in.

Apparently, at Enchanted Kingdom the magic is still there.

No comments: