That was what I asked Steph and Oliver when we went out for Dessert after having Ramen dinner at Rai Rai situated in NY's East Village. "Amuse", as we think it is, is ChikaLicious' term for Appetizer.
And Chikalicious is the first ever dessert place I've been to that serves a three-course dessert,er, meal. Your dessert experience begins with their "Amuse", followed by your choice of Dessert ending with a Petit Four.
While this is not your typical big-size servings that most of those I know associate the US with, this was my very own peek at NY's nightlife. Nice, tiny places tend to have lines of people outside on the sidewalk, waiting to be seated.
I'm no expert, but I loved the experience. Watching the 'chefs' at work (including part-owner, Chika) and finding out how on earth I can extend the dessert experience given such small portions of yummy food was well worth the quite pricey experience. Hey, its not like I'm heading there every night.
Visit the restaurant's site here.
No comments:
Post a Comment