I had a feeling my right and left contacts got switched when the canisters turned over before I had the chance to put the R and L lid on them last night (they were still dry so the lens didnt fall off). I tried to reenact the turning over in order to find out if they did get switched and which was which, but then I gave up and figured it would be pointless trying to determine that.
And so my "off" day started last night actually. Because this morning I put on my lenses and my left eye just wasnt seeing right (err..you know what I mean) and, I was singing "Monday, bloody Monday" in Sumi's car as we wove our way around Edsa. All throughout the trip, I kept telling myself I looked like a Hollywood star on the pages of paparazzi-photo infested magazines evading the unwelcome cameras: hair all tousled, lips covered in bright red to match my stilletos, sunglasses perched atop my nose, lips sporting a perpetual pout.....
But a quick look at the side mirror told me otherwise, so much for fooling myself...
I wasnt really tired, not really disoriented either..and well, laziness doesnt exactly feel the same. I was just "off" --- and I had terrible imagination too (Hollywood? Paparazzi?? ME????!? duh!).
I had breakfast and coffee...but that didnt help any.
I even read the morning paper just to ease myself into the day. I think that didnt help either.
Come lunch time it was the same, only I was getting used to it (frustrated by it still, but not unfamiliar).
And then our ever reliable coffee machine came to the rescue. A big mugful of brew revived me slowly. By midafternoon I was fine.
But the events of last night and this morning just wont go away. As I stepped into the ladies' to change for Monday Night Boxing, I found out that my half-blind self forgot to pack gym socks. And I'm wearing my red open toe shoe sans socks (naturally).
Therefore, the conclusion of this lovely start of the week, is well, nothing. No boxing, nothing productive and probably a headache later tonight because of the contacts.
That and a reminder that my puny little nose cant ever hold up big beautiful dark sunglasses that grace the cover of so many magazines.
Happy Monday, all.
1 comment:
naks! going for the minimalist look i suppose..
astig! sipag nag entry a! mukhang napaganda yung pag training mo =)
Post a Comment