/* Google Analytics */

Apr 28, 2009

Batanes Day 3 - Sabtang Island

(All photos from Day 3 are in my flickr gallery).

I bravely said yes to crossing the sea to Sabtang for our trip --- and I found out later on that I was only brave because I didn't know what I was getting into.


I've been on boats and sea vessels big and small and I've only been scared once (it was an overloaded ferry from Camiguin crossing turbulent waters with no lifejackets in sight) before...This was my second time to be terrified (and we each had our own lifejacket this time).

I remember thinking to myself that it had better be worth risking our lives --- and it was. It really was.


The little boat that could -- and DID!


IMG_3403, originally uploaded by socs.

We crossed the open seas on that boat! Granted, its not as small as it looks -- it carried 20+ passengers to and from Sabtang. It does, however, move with the waves...and in all directions! I regret not having taken a photo of our boat captain, he did bring us to and fro safely. But when you're worried your boat will sink, there's no reason why the camera should go down (and die) with you.

Below: trees blowing in the wind.

IMG_3216, originally uploaded by socs.


Even street signs are carved on the Ivatan stone houses


IMG_3224, originally uploaded by socs.


Photo below is at the same are where most of our first posted Batanes photos were taken. Francis has done a great job taking photos that time and I was too shocked to take anymore afterwards.


IMG_3277, originally uploaded by socs.


Me with a traditional Ivatan basket. The lady in the photo was kind enough to show an ignoramus like me how to properly wear and use it. Photo by Allan Vistan.

IMG_3363, originally uploaded by socs.

Sabtang Lighthouse

The minute I caught a glimpse of this lighthouse when we were out on sea I focused on it. I just kept thinking 'we're almost there, we're almost there'. While reviewing these photos though, the lighthouse reminded me of this photo I took while in The Netherlands.


IMG_3508, originally uploaded by socs.

No comments: