Late last week we received word that I was given an approval for a Cypriot work permit by the Cypriot Consul in Cyprus (If he's in his home country, is he still a Consul?). How that came about is beyond me. All I filed was an application for a Short-Stay visa which was denied by the Honorary Consulate in Manila.
This morning we found faxed copies of application forms for Employment in Cyprus. I was directed to sign them. Weird thing is, I was naming my current employer as the employer for the Cypriot temporary employment...and we dont have an office in Cyprus. Weird? Well it was the immigration lawyer's idea.
At the project office in Cyprus, they're expecting me to be there on November 7, Monday. Today is Thursday. I have no Entry visa, no work permit...nor do I have a copy of the "approval".....sure...Monday. This would be me at the Immigration counter (at NAIA):
Immigration officer: (eyebrows raised) You need a visa to get to Cyprus, where's your visa?
Me:(smiling my best smile and fluttering my eyelids as demurely as I possibly can -- which is not much, I have to say)
Oh, I have a stamp there that says I applied for one.
IO: (slightly turning red, voice raised) Yes, but where is your visa?
Me:(still smiling but with gritted teeth cursing whoever wanted me to leave without anything)
Uhm, I have the forms I signed to have the Entry Visa and work permits processed.
IO: (screaming, I imagine) WHERE IS YOUR VISA???
Me: (scared, I imagine) They assured me that they will be waiting for me at the Airport with my VISA.
IO: (screaming still and racing out of the booth to strangle me senseless) WHERE THE .... IS YOUR VISA???
Right. I doubt if they'll ask me the same question more than once. Chances are, I'll be ushered into one of those rooms I've only heard about but never seen. Chances are, I'll be heading home on the same day my flight was supposed to leave Manila. But hey, they DID say I should be there November 7...
5 comments:
pasalubong ng war stuff :P
yey! matutuloy ka na din...hehe...mamimiss ka namin...saka un cranium...waaah....hehe. Pano na ang initiation rites mo para maging bonafide member ng SMG! :P Ingatz! Sana matuloy na nga ito. :D God Bless!
(post script...ndi ko maintindihan un para sa word verification sa baba...makakailang tries kaya ako...hehe)
Cypriot? Uhmm.. Cyprus Idiot?
hehe :p. Ingat!
ei socs! san ka na? i'm going to morocco..gusto mo sumama? nov 18..no visas and all that cr@p! :)
SO DUDE ARE U ALREADY IN CYPRUS?
Post a Comment