/* Google Analytics */

Dec 3, 2005

frustrations of the day

First of all, I woke up late. Too late for the hotel's breakfast...so we decided to go out and do some serious "maybe" shopping and shooting. We ended up doing "real" shopping and before we knew it, it was too dark for me to shoot (no tripod plus I just wasnt in the mood to take out my flash) and it was time for mass.

photo pffft

I thought I'd shoot something after the mass, since the church was in the old part of the city where I wanted to shoot anyway. Lots of old houses very near the border. However, while I struggled to compose something to replace my 'PEACE' photo (my current fave), a local approached us and informed us that photography was not allowed, being near the border and having soldiers there and all....

WHAT?!?!? BUT BUT BUT.....!

*sigh* From what I know, taking photos beyond the border in the direction of the Turkish territory was prohibited BUT taking photos in the Cyprus side...?

I guess what bothers me really is the fact that that was the area where I wanted to take photos. And apparently I cant.

So I uploaded my 'PEACE' photo unto my old galleries at Filphoto and Photo.net.ph. I havent visited those in a while and it surprised me to see that some (and I do mean 'some') photos are still there. Until tomorrow's Troodos mountains trip, that'll have to do.

if the shoe fits

I have to add, we went to a shoe store that were selling Italian made leather shoes at more than 50% off. Wide-eyed, I looked around and spotted some knee-high boots. I love boots. And the fact that they're unfit for Manila and that the heels were not Manila-commuter-friendly did not daunt me. They were on SALE for heaven's sake.

So I tried them on. And lo and behold, I couldnt fully zip them up. I mean, I know I have uhm, not-so-tiny legs, but come on?! Surely these things are designed to fit women's legs? Women are supposed to have meat and muscle upwards past the ankle after all.

Apparently not. I heaved, huffed and puffed, to no avail. No boots for me. If next week I dont find any, I'll have to settle for pumps. And then maybe I'll drive a hole through a shoe designer's foot using those killer heels.

1 comment:

vistan said...

spy! spy! hehehe

baka ikaw pa ang dulot ng guerra sa cyprus.... hintayin mo muna ako!

hahaha