/* Google Analytics */

Dec 14, 2005

playing hooky

Today we left the office at noon to drive to the quaint and picturesque village of Lefkara, roughly an hour's drive out of Nicosia. It was the team's going away 'party' for Sajo who had her last day at work and for the project today.
Lefkara is a small village that thrives on lace-making and silversmith(ing?). I found it best to not research about places that we go to since I am more easily surprised that way...
As always, I loved the views, loved the architecture...but to add to those expected favorites, I fell in love with the narrow sloping streets of the village. And the lace. And the silver. When I come back next year, I will buy myself more silver...after all, every girl deserves a bit of icing dontchatink?
My officemates wandering about the tiny streets....

and finally, a souvenir shot of me at the lace shop where I got a handmade lace tablecloth


1 comment:

Renée said...

Great pictures, Socs!!! How I wish we can visit you there! Sayang naman yung flat mo.. told you you should bring someone there and maximize it!