Its extremely difficult to post updates when so many things have been going on. However, for those who have been asking how things are going, I must keep this updated, so that I don't leave anyone out of the loop...
Day 43: I find out that document 2 has been approved and can be picked up. It seems that from this point on, it will be a short count-up to D Day (Departure Day)
Day 47: I head to Makati early to drop off my passport on the designated time window...I have to return 6 hours later to pick it up with the document and with the others that I've submitted. Two trips to Makati in one day? It wouldn't have hurt if it werent in a so-near-yet-so-far location. My cab trips were longer than the actual time I was there. EACH cab trip was longer than the COMBINED timeframe I was in that office.
Day 48: Since I have document 2, its time to find out exactly what getting document 3 would entail. And find out I did. AFTER 6 HOURS ++ OF WAITING!!!!! To this day, I haven't gotten over the extremely inefficient process in place. I will blog about this some other day.
Day 50: I return as part 2 of The Document 3 Retrieval Process. On my estimate, I will need to return once more after today. But before I do, I have to go through all that they want me to go through, and I have to complete all the forms they want me to complete. For this day, its a 2++-hour pointless seminar where I did not learn anything I did not already know: Travelling information, and that they were going to ask me to pay an enormous amount. Multiply that enormous amount by the hundreds of people who flock to that office DAILY and what do you get? In my opinion, still TOO MUCH cash for the kind of service they provide.
At this point, I seriously have to keep reminding myself why I'm even going through this.
No comments:
Post a Comment