I was walking along Champs Elysees the other day, thinking about what my girl friends ask me --- whether or not I've met any French guys already ---and the reaction I always have to that question. Everytime I get asked that question, only one thing comes to mind, FEAR. I'm afraid of meeting any French guys at least in the "non-conventional" way (if thats the correct way to put it). The idea of actually "going out" with a French guy I've only just met, even talking to them in a bar somewhere is scary. One, I dont know where they're coming from. Two, I'm not really familiar with the Manila dating scene, what more with the French scene? Three, the guys I see around literally scare me. Even the young ones. Maybe its because of the language barrier which means I dont have a clue what they're saying hence, I dont know what they're thinking.
And what perfect timing, as I was walking away from the Money Changer booth (the reason why I was at Champs), some guy started talking to me. Small talk, really, where you from, why you here, how long you here...etc etc. I could barely understand what he was saying because of his accent (he's from somewhere like Madagascar, or something) and I wasnt really interested since paranoia was making me think that he saw me while I was at the Money Changer, and thus, he could very well be looking for an opportunity to steal something from me.
BUT he did ask for my number. Too bad he wasnt cute. I wonder if I would've given him my number if he were cute.....
No comments:
Post a Comment