/* Google Analytics */

Mar 31, 2005

current working conditions


The Delta POEMA Comfort team (my current team for this project) and the other teams as well are moving today to another location. So while the movers are doing their thing, we are currently crammed into a small conference room, waiting for the phone call informing us that our new 'home' is ready for us. In the meantime, I am sitting on a chair that's perfect for my height (my feet are touching the floor!), but working on a table that's too high for me (my wrists are just about chest high when I'm typing).

Of course when we get to the new location, everything still has to be fixed up and arranged. I'd have to reconnect the cables, check the network locations and ensure that my little platform was not misplaced.

My little platform of course was a 'gift' from one of my teammates from Accenture. See, while sitting on my chair (not the one I currently have, but the one I really use in the office), my feet do not touch the ground at all. So that squeaking, squarish thing that resembles those foot pedals on old sewing machines are supposed to fill in the gap between the floor and my feet.

Its worth mentioning too, that we have a kick-ass monitor for our desktops. That, coupled with a rotation software that allows you to make your monitor even bigger by turning it sideways means I can view my photos at original size in pbase and love every single detail of it (of course, only after office hours *wink* *wink*). The downside, the monitor ends up to be too big for me, that I literally have to move my neck when I want to see what's on top or on the bottom of the screen….its like slow motion headbanging for 8 or so hours a day sans the whiplash and the heart thumping music.

No comments: