I am not dutch,and bikes are not my transport of choice.
Or rather, bikes do not particularly like me as the driver.
Which is why Bart ended up dragging me around Warmond in his bike (Thanks again Bart!).
All week long I was looking forward to a nice warm weekend, but as it turned out, Saturday was cloudy, drizzly and cold. It was a good thing though that despite the whether we were still able to go around and wander about.
Warmond is a nice town which I imagine would be absolutely breathtaking once the colors become intense this spring. I was weeks early, the flowers have not yet sprung. But that is reason enough for me to come back.
My weekend with Bart and his family and friends were memorable since I not only saw the sights, but I felt was it was like to really be with a Dutch family their home, their town and their friends. Infinitely better than being on a tour with a handful of strangers and an impersonal guide.
Every place we went to had a story, a history like that of that of the famous and known, only more real, more there.

Bart walking around the grounds of the House of Warmond

windmill on a cloudy early afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment