I have the impression that the youngest in the family are usually the sweet, affectionate type. The one who sometimes literally "light
up" their parent's days.
Sometimes I wish that were me. I may be the youngest in the family but I know that I'm not the bubbly, sweet, affectionate one. I take
after my father in my being "distant" sort-of, standing on the sidelines, only there when they need me....
In moments when I realize that I am the only un-married child, that I am the one spending the most time with my parents, the one
beside them and with them when they're sick...I wish that I can make them laugh and smile the way my comic brother (if he's in the mood)
would. Or maybe at least be as caring and affectionate as my you-dont-have-to-worry-about-anything-I'll-handle-it (in terms of
housework and taking care of people) sister.
All I do really, is ... I dont know actually. I guess I make them proud because I have a good job, I'm a (relatively) good daughter, I help out
financially whenever I can and because I am independent.
But I can't make them smile. Nor can I make them laugh. And sometimes I feel that those are the things they need most.
3 comments:
i'm the youngest in the family too and we happen to share the same situation. parents have a funny way of showing their true affection. sometimes we can't see it because they don't show it, but it doesn't mean that it's not there. the truest sentiments are the things better left in secret and felt only from one heart to another.
grabe, ang senti nun ah... hehehe...
yeah,you're right...and well, they are affectionate and vocal about how they feel about me.
Its just that am not. and I'd like to be. But its not that easy, me being me.
oo nga, ang senti! hahaha!
Post a Comment