/* Google Analytics */

Aug 4, 2005

what once was

When I started this blogging business I knew that someday I would have enough history kept within this blog that might potentially become both amusing and bittersweet depending on the entry and my mood when I return to them.

This afternoon I finally had the chance to look back and re read some of my first entries.

I was smiling to myself most of the time, especially when my entries were more on the serious side of things. I found it even more heartwrenching when I realized that some of the things I wrote down are no longer applicable.

Aaaah..the things that I were thinking about, the things that I got myself into.... I think my crash and burn beliefs are well worth considering. I find that even though some things may be missing now, I have other memories that make up for it.

I'll keep it vague, but most of what I wrote down, I am happily acknowledging are finally "N/A". It took a while, but it has happened. What I had hoped for and what I had imagined would happen, DID. And there were no fireworks, no loud trumpets blaring to signal its onset.

I have only this immense satisfaction in knowing that I survived, and that I emerged. Marked maybe, but not disabled. Happily alive and happily wiser.

Now I await my next adventure.
Crash and Burn, baby. That is THE way to go.

No comments: